Putting safety first sounds easy, but what about those days when nothing seems to go as planned? Life throws so many curve balls at once that it can be difficult to always keep a clear head. Have you ever rushed out the door only to see that your daughter has on two different shoes, or spilled hot coffee on yourself while driving from A to B? Sometimes there are just too many things going on, which is why ABC Insurance Agencies wants to kindly remind you about these car seat safety tips to help keep your kiddos safe and sound.
Unfortunately, car accidents are a leading cause of child deaths, according to the National Safety Council. If you are a parent, ABC is here to educate you on car seat safety before Child Passenger Safety Week begins from September 23-29, 2018. By completing these simple tasks, you could save your child’s life should an accident arise!
- First, make sure your child’s car seat was manufactured correctly by researching any recalls. You can also find the right type of car seat for your child and get it inspected to ensure complete safety.
- Next, make sure that the car seat is properly installed. This may seem obvious, but confirming proper installation will bring you peace of mind and bypass any unnecessary complications. Visit your local fire hall if you need assistance on proper installation.
Car Seat Safety – Are You Doing it Right?
- Shop smart by finding the right car seat.
- Get it right the first time by properly installing and buckling your child in the car seat.
- Register what’s holding your precious cargo by finding out if there are any recalls on your car seat.
- Get your installed car seat inspected.
- Have a visual reminder that your child is in the car seat.
- Never leave your child unattended in the car.
- Don’t forget Fido! Buckle your dog in a pet crate or seat belt them.
Car Seat Ages and Stages
- Rear-Facing: 0-2 years
- Forward-Facing: 2-7 years
- Booster: 4-12 years
Phew! Now that you know how to put your child’s safety first, the wheels can keep on turning. It’s time to get behind the wheel and enjoy those fun road trips and sing-a-longs with a little less worry. Of course, ABC knows that accidents still happen, so make sure you and your family are protected with a valuable auto insurance plan. Call 800-708-0123, visit a store near you or go online today to discuss how to keep putting safety first!