The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to hit reset and start fresh to accomplish personal goals. If your New Year’s resolutions include exercising more, you’re not alone. Many people strive to incorporate more exercise into their lives at the start of each new year. However, it is a common misconception that exercise options are limited due to expensive gym membership fees and inconvenient workout class schedules. However, there are endless free workouts that you can access no matter where you are. These free cardio workouts, at-home exercises, and local Louisiana and Texas fitness classes will help you start a hassle-free fitness journey that you will love!
Free Workouts That Won’t Break the Bank
- Countertop push-ups are a great exercise to build upper body strength. Either in your kitchen or bathroom, find a comfortable countertop space to start your push-ups. To start, place your hands on the countertop, release your legs behind you, bend your elbows, and push back up.
- Crunches, squats, and bicycle reps are some of the cheapest ways to exercise no matter where you are. You won’t need any expensive exercise equipment to tone your body and build lean muscle in your core and legs if you practice these simple exercises in your home for free. For some cushion, lay on an exercise mat or a towel to start your reps.
- Paper plate workouts are free, resourceful exercises that will sculpt your legs, core, and arms. There are many paper plate exercises to try from burpees, to tricep push-ups, to side lunges to get your heart pumping and muscles toning.
- Pantyhose rowing can be practiced in any room of your choice. Start by sitting on the floor with your legs stretched out, then place your pantyhose around the balls of your feet, and start pulling with both hands. Lift your legs one-by-one or together (like you are using a rowing machine). Your pantyhose can take the place of resistance bands during this rowing exercise or for squats and curls.
- New Orleans Recreation Centers
- Free Fitness in Baton Rouge
- Get Active in Lafayette
- Dallas Fitness Programs
- No-Cost Workouts in Austin
- Free Group Exercises in Houston
- PEAR acts as your very own personal trainer with hands-free, ears-free, real-time coaching to give you personalized workout sessions catered to your specific needs. Whether you want a low-intensity workout and only have a few minutes to spare, or you’re ready to sweat, PEAR offers hundreds of sessions while also tracking your heart rate, calories burned, and more.
- Asana Rebel is an excellent choice for anyone interested in learning how to practice yoga and mindfulness or deepen their current practice. With a helpful introduction to yoga, Yoga Asana is the perfect choice for beginning yogis and experienced practitioners. A great perk of this app is that two new workouts are sent your way every day, so you’ll always have the opportunity to practice new routines.
- Nike+ Training Club is the perfect app for those looking for intense workouts that will make them sweat. With over 180 exercises, you will never get bored with your fitness regime. Also, you’ll enjoy instructional guidance from Nike Trainers with a passion for making you feel your best.
- MyTraining includes free exercise videos, a calendar, and a workout log to act as a personal gym at your fingertips. You’ll also receive instruction from certified coaches and a chat feature to ask any questions you may have about your workouts.
- Daily Workouts Fitness Trainer brings personalization to your workouts with targeted thirty-minute exercises that focus on areas of your choice. This easy-to-use, convenient app acts as a personal trainer to help you see quick results.